Three Ladies Cafe
Three Ladies Cafe is a vegan-friendly restaurant located in Davis, California. As the social media manager I am solely responsible for creating content for our Instagram, Facebook, and Tiktok.
I coordinate with food app liaisons to optimize sales, manage our Yelp/Google reviews, and handle website updates and design. I pick up project requests from the owner too. I've done everything from designing and ordering gift cards to planning an employee farewell party!
Recently I established several cross-promotional partnerships with other local business. One partnership is with a brand new apartment complex which will be housing hundreds of potential customers starting in Fall 2021.
Gift cards I designed, these were handed out at the local' COVID testing center as an incentive to get tested
During the COVID-19 lockdown the Three Ladies Cafe owner approached me about renovating our indoor dining space. I was given creative control, a budget of $1,500, and a coworker to assist me.
The room re-design would be the perfect opportunity to attract UC Davis students to the shop. Prior to COVID-19 our customers were primarily young parents. While they are great customers, we weren't tapping into the much larger student population. The new room design needed to be functional for both groups.
As a Davis graduate I knew that students were in need of more study spots. So, I decided the room would be both a study spot and dining area.
I also felt that the space needed a strong aesthetic that matched the quirkiness of the cafe. It also needed to be "Instagram-worthy" to attract students.
After careful research and planning my team got to work :
- We removed single seat tall tables and replaced them with footstools and pillows for a comfy spot to work.
- We added large tables that could seat families or study groups
- We added large tables near outlets to create study corners
- We added 4 extendable outlets (10 ft max) so students could charge their laptops easily
- We painted a "Instagram-worthy" rainbow mural
- We added crystals/plants/art to reflect the current trends we saw on Pinterest/Tiktok
- We created an art corner with pieces from local artists
Since renovation we've had a large increase in student customers while maintaining our connections with our original base!
Room renovation layout sketch